Thursday, October 29, 2009

Two Are Better Than One

Ecclesiastes 4:
9Two are better than one because they have a good return for their labor.
10For if either of them falls, the one will lift up his companion.
But woe to the one who falls when there is not another to lift him up.

Years ago I wrote a book and the dedication inside read: To my husband, Jeff, who lifted me up when I couldn't reach. I haven't had a lot of difficult times in my life, but he's been there for every one in the last 17 years. Unconditionally loving me. Never a lecture...only love.

And what can I say about my beautiful Tiffani-Joi? Proverbs 31:28 says: Her children rise up and bless her. Her sweet heart is such a blessing to me. She and I have always had such a close connection. From her patting my back as a small child saying, "It's OK, ma-ma," to her bringing me a little bell to keep by my bed to call for her if I needed anything, her fruit is so sweet. I pray that her gifts of compassion and mercy continue to grow as she does...beautifully.

No comments: