Sunday, October 25, 2009

Sisters...a poem

Marny sent me this beautiful poem last night...adding to my joy...

Sisters

I've never walked a mile in your shoes
Tasted the tears you've cried
I've never known the deepest longings
You hold inside
But I've had my share of disenchantments
Days when I've been so low
And I'm here to say no matter the heartache
You're not alone

I will be there with you
through all the joy and sorrow
I will be there to point you to the One
who holds each tomorrow

We are sisters, sisters in the Lord
Our faith in common, sisters in the Lord
No matter how the world defines us
Nothing can break the tie that binds us
We are sisters, In the Lord

We were all little girls at one time
Full of hopes and dreams
And now as we give ourselves we're learning
What love really means

Take my hand
I'll take yours
We'll reach together
For the hand of Our Lord


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Praying for you sweet sister. I love the photo at the end of the poem.

Be blessed as you are being restored by the Lord.

Tiffani, hello to you too. May the Lord strengthen and encourage you too.

It is cool and sunny here today, a gorgeous fall day. The colours have been glorious.
Deborah