Thursday, October 22, 2009

Day 17 - Home Sweet Home

Last Saturday (Oct 17), Tiffani and I drove down to La Jolla where Jeff was to speak on Sunday. He was flying into the San Diego Airport from a seminar in Salt Lake City. And we were to meet him at the airport Saturday evening.

Strange happenings...Tiff and I were about 20 minutes from the Hyatt Regency La Jolla, when Jeff called and asked if I had Tiffani's passport. Oh no! It was at home and we needed it for her surprise. She'd used it earlier in the day as her Picture ID for her test. So we turned around and made the 2 hour drive back home...arrived home at 9 PM. Then turned around and made it back to the hotel around 11:30 PM. In bed by midnight. Jeff's flight was also cancelled due to dense fog at the San Diego Airport, so he arrived at the hotel via taxi around 10:30 Sunday morning.

Sunday, October 18 ~
Tiffani helped Jeff at his speaking engagement. I stayed in bed all day. If you have to spend ALL day in bed at a hotel, the Hyatt Regency La Jolla is the place to be. Their mattresses are amazing. Select Comfort mattresses are the best, but if they didn't exist then I'd definitely choose the Hyatt's mattress!











Monday, October 19 ~
We're up and at 'em this morning. Breakfast at The Waffle Spot. And to the San Diego Cruise Ship Terminal. Tiffani has no idea that a cruise is our "family event." As we get close, she's blindfolded. She gets out of the car, we face her toward our ship the Carnival Elation and tell her to open her eyes. Priceless!! Now you can see why this was so important that I did NOT want to cancel. Tiffani and Jeff roam the ship, attend as many activities as possible and attend the show. Activity and breathing are difficult for me this day, so I walk a deck with them, sleep, eat dinner, then go back to the room to sleep until this next morning.

Tuesday, October 20 ~
We all slept in. Spa appointments at 10:30 AM. Jeff and I had the Couple's Room, so I was blessed with an unexpected treat. Jeff's massage time was going to be longer than my reflexolgy/neck & shoulders massages, so I ended up with a free full back massage as well. Tiffani had a mani/pedi. I wanted to attend this night's evening show, so I spent most of the day at sea in the room relaxing/reading/sleeping. I made it through dinner and the show.














Wednesday, October 21 ~
Docked in Ensenada all day. I didn't get off the ship. Spent time in the sun on the deck...reading. Have any of you read At Home in Mitford? I've fallen in love with these characters! And I'm amazed at how much this book has made me laugh. And I'm excited, because I believe this is just the 1st book in a series of nine?? Had another fabulous dinner ~ always fish, vegetables and a wonderful soup and/or salad. No show tonight for me...back to bed.

I gained 3 pounds on this 3 day cruise! Woo woo!! Weighed myself and am now 109.

That brings us to today! Thursday, October 22, 2009 ~
Back to the reality of my health situation that I couldn't escape while on board. My biggest issue now remains difficulty in breathing, which leads to exhaustion if attempting to do too much. I have another detox appointment with Marilyn tomorrow morning...how I've missed her! I'll update the blog with the results of that appointment tomorrow.

I want to thank you all for your continued prayer support through this horrible ordeal. I am continually blessed in soooooo many ways! I opened a door to a spotless home...kitchen, bathrooms, bedding, floors, etc. Much love and appreciation from our whole family to Angie and Leslie! You two are unbelievable! Thank you!

And thank you for another delicious dinner...Gale and Amy...I know you're famous for your Chicken 'n Dumplin's. :-) Fresh dumplin's made right here in our kitchen with Tiffani while I slept. I'm sorry I missed you. I was exhausted after today's drive home from San Diego.

Prayer requests:
- That I will begin to breathe better...still moderately to very difficult breathing. My O2 tank will be refilled tomorrow.
- Jeff's flight from San Diego today to Chicago was uneventful...just how we like them. After he speaks in Chicago, he'll be flying to Dallas...so please pray for travel mercies.
- I will have another successful detox treatment in the morning.

Praises:
- Weight gain
- All organs (with exception of lungs) continue to be symptom-free
- Jeff and I managed to surprise Tiffani and fit in some memorable family time between Jeff's on-the-go schedule, which is just going to increase as we move into the season.

No comments: